College Assistant Professor
New Mexico State University
Department of English
P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3E
Las Cruces, NM 88003
- MA in Technical and Professional Communication, NMSU; Las Cruces, NM
- BA in General Studies, with a concentration in Russian language and history; New College, Sarasota, FL
After receiving my Master’s degree, I worked for 16 years as a technical writer for a variety of companies in California and Texas. These companies ranged from small (a Silicon Valley start-up) through medium (100 employees) to large (Fortune 500 size with thousands of employees).
Research and Creative Interests
I serve on the Board of Directors of several non-profit groups: the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies, Humanity+, and the Zen Center of Las Cruces.
Courses Recently Taught
- ENGL 203: Business and Professional Communication
- ENGL 218: Technical and Scientific Communication
- ENGL 328: Science Fiction and Fantasy
I bring to my teaching both my academic training and my business experience, thus producing a synthesis of theory and practice which many students find to be very helpful.