- M.A. University of Texas at El Paso, Communications: Rhetoric and Writing
- B.A. University of Texas at El Paso, Modern Languages: Spanish/Portuguese
University of Texas-El Paso:
- Taught for several years in the departments of English; Speech/Communications; and the Division of Adult and Continuing Education
- all levels English composition, research and writing, senior level Technical Writing; all levels public speaking; rhetoric; business and professional communication; ESOL public speaking
New Mexico State University:
- ENGL 111 (General and Honors) Rhetoric and Composition; English 218 Technical and Scientific Writing; English 203 Business Writing and Communications
- Delgadillo, Willivaldo, and Fausto Gomez Tuens. “Quinnan: On Materializing the Ephemeral.” Trans. Michele Greene. Puentelibre [Chihuahua:Chih.] Summer 1993: 46-49. Print.
- “The Jews of Yecla, Part I: Records of Inquisiton Trials”; trans. Michele Greene, for Ha Lapid: the Academic Journal of the Society for Crypto-Judiac Studies; 1999
- “The Jews of Yecla, Part II: Records of Inquisition Trials”; trans. Michele Greene, for Ha Lapid: the Academic Journal of the Society for Crypto-Judaic Studies; 1999
Selected Presentations and Papers:
- Annual Conference for the Society of Crypto-Judaic Studies 1995: presented report, “The Rael Family of Chihuahua, Mexico.”
- Annual Conference for the Society of Crypto-Judaic Studies 1997: participated in panel discussion and interview session, “Identity of the Anusim”.
- Chamizal National Theater: “A Brief History of the ‘Nutcracker’ Ballet”; El Paso, TX; Dec. 22-24, 2012. Onstage presentation with accompanying text in ballet performance program
- New Mexico Farm and Ranch Museum: co-wrote and co-presented historical fashion show “Curiouser and Curiouser: The Ins and Outs of Old West Fashion”; Las Cruces, NM; Feb. 24-25, 2014.
- The Dona Ana Arts Council and Renaissance Crafts and Juried Art Exhibit: presented paper and exhibition “New World Parrots in the Renaissance Courts of Europe”; Las Cruces, NM; Nov. 1-2, 2014.
- Numerous Vocal Works from the medieval and Renaissance Spanish manuscripts: “Cancionero del Palacio”; “Cancionero de Uppsala”; “Cancionero de la Colombina”; “Coleccion Menendez Pinal”
- Work in Progress: “Voices of the Inquisition: Faces on the Page,” a collection of translations of the interrogations, trial records, biographies, and ultimate fates of victims of the Inquisition
Other Professional Experience:
- Extensive performing arts background particularly in native Washington, DC, including apprenticeship for the Washington Opera; actor and singer in numerous Washington-area theater productions; participant in many US and European folk festivals (Celtic and Appalachian); traveled/performed throughout Western Europe with medieval/Renaissance group “Crisol Buffons”
- Animal welfare volunteer work; bird rehabilitator and parrot parent
- Former Flight Attendant
- Freelance editor, proofreader, translator