The English Graduate Student Organization (EGSO) supports the English graduate student body at NMSU. We hope to encourage a sense of community among graduate students in the department while facilitating academic service and professional development through:
- facilitating the exchange of ideas among English graduate students and provide a forum for discussion of issues relevant to the academic and professional welfare of these students
- acting as a liaison between the Department administration and graduate students and better facilitate communication between these groups and between graduate students and faculty
- representing the interests of graduate students within the Department of English and the larger campus community
- providing a communication link to other universities
- encouraging excellence among graduate students through forums, colloquiums, professional and social events, and so forth
- providing avenues for supplemental travel funds to English graduate students at New Mexico State University
- developing and promoting a collegial and professional sense of community among graduate students, faculty, and the Las Cruces/Borderlands community
Patrick Stockwell, President
Rachel Oestreich, Vice-President
Nikkin Rader, Treasurer
Tiffany Keeler, Secretary
Patrick DeSimeo, Community Events Coordinator
For information about joining EGSO, paying dues, travel reimbursement, and more, contact EGSO President, Patrick Stockwell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on Facebook!